Friday 30 September 2011

Get Crafty on a Cruise: Make a Journal

The travel journal I made on a cruise
I love doing craftwork and so, when on a cruise, I often join in their craft classes. Give me some paper, glue, beads, wire and paint and I'll keep busy for hours!
  Paper blossoms, wine charms, earrings, ceramic painting and scrapbooking are some of the things I've tried at sea.   
  On one Holland America Line cruise I made a journal. We were provided with the actual book and a whole selection of scrapbooking papers, stickers and other bits and pieces. I didn't finish it during the class so at our next port of call I rushed ashore to a stationery shop to buy some glue so I could continue making  it.
   That journal is one of my favourite 'souvenirs' now. Each cruise I write in the funny moments and the magical ones. Leafing through the pages when I'm back on dry land after our holiday reminds me of  lots of pleasant memories. I can imagine myself being at sea all over again!
  There's quite a range of art and craft to try at sea. Have a go! Bringing home a souvenir of your trip that you have made yourself makes it extra special.

No comments:

Post a Comment