|Dawn Princess in Auckland, New Zealand|
They were divided into two teams, red and blue, each with six members. Each person had one dish to prepare in three hours, to be tasted and evaluated by Chef Alfredo Marzi, before continuing to cook for the passengers.
The Blue Team cooked:
- braised lamb shanks
- seasonal vegetable soup
- Royal Dragon pot stickers (dumplings)
- mixed green salad
- pan-seared mahi-mahi fish
- grapefruit and kiwifruit platter
And the Red Team prepared:
- prawn cocktail
- classic caesar salad
- pineapple pork with sweet chilli sauce
- pot au feu soup
- chicken and beef satay
- grilled wahoo fillet of fish
The judges and ship's chefs were looking for fine flavour and perfect
presentation in the dishes, and on the whole, the MasterChef contestants delivered.
Well done! I'm sure it was a day they will always remember!