|Dawn Princess at dock in Auckland, New Zealand|
This month in the City of Sails we will see these larger ships with 1900 plus passengers:
- Dawn Princess, Sun Princess, Sea Princess and Diamond Princess (Princess Cruises)
- Voyager of the Seas and Radiance of the Seas (Royal Caribbean)
- Celebrity Solstice (Celebrity Cruises)
- Oosterdam (Holland America Line)
The smaller luxury cruise ships cater for a niche market. The ones visiting here range from one carrying only 72 guests to one with 700 passengers. Most have under 500 passengers.
- Seven Seas Voyager (Regent Seven Seas Cruises)
- Oceanic Discoverer (an expedition type vessel)
- Silver Shadow and Silver Whisper (Silversea Cruises)
- Seabourn Odyssey (Seabourn Cruise Line)
- Crystal Symphony ( Crystal Cruises)
- Caledonian Sky
The thing that has struck me the most when sorting out this list was what wonderful names the ships have! All, no doubt, designed to seduce you into buying a cruise ticket!